I realize that no two people are the same and as such tailor my therapy to meet the specific needs of my clients. Whether you are struggling with anxiety, depression or any other issue, I will help you recognize underlying problems, fully realize your strengths and adjust certain behaviors and thoughts to see things a different, healthier way.
My practice specializes in treating individuals, couples and families and I offer comprehensive services dealing with:
- Team Dynamics – observing and assessing individual, group and organizational dynamics Team Dynamics help her better understand her client’s team dynamic. She asks questions that will help her test her TALKT (Technology Aided Knowledge Transfer) and CALM (Computer-Aided Leadership and Management for Organizational Change Management) theories about team performance. She also conducts
- Simulated Environments -Dr. Cheryl observes works with first responders (military, doctors, nurses, police/firemen) in simulated environments to identify science-based solutions that will help them perform better and improve outcomes.
- Work-Life Balance and Employee Health
We know unhealthy employees mean lower productivity, more time missed from work and possibly even more turnover. Helping organizations address work-life balance and employee health in ways that benefit both the employee and the workplace, Dr. Cheryl also ensures privacy and other implications for workplace health and wellness programs are examined and clarified
- Big Data use Assessment – Dr. Cheryl collects and reviews the data she gathers to help understand the challenges facing teams that work in high-stakes environments and help them improve their team dynamics, behaviors and communications. AI and
- Workforce Planning – performing job and communication audits and client/community feedback Dr. Cheryl identifies exactly how teams should be formed, perform and make decisions under stress, and then uses research-based methods to improve team coordination, current and future job forecasting.
- Individual Career Design/Redesign – what do YOU need to facilitate peak performance in your career and life?
Industrial and Organizational Psychology
The Association specialty of industrial-organizational psychology (also called I/O psychology) is characterized by the scientific study of human behavior in organizations and the workplace. The specialty focuses on deriving principles of individual, group and organizational behavior and applying this knowledge to the solution of problems at work.
Specialized knowledge and training in the science of behavior in the workplace require in-depth knowledge of organizational development, attitudes, career development, decision theory, human performance and human factors, consumer behavior, small group theory and process, criterion theory and development, job and task analysis and individual assessment. In addition, the specialty of industrial-organizational psychology requires knowledge of ethical considerations as well as statutory, administrative, and case law and executive orders as related to activities in the workplace.
The specialty of Industrial-Organizational Psychology addresses issues of recruitment, selection and placement, training and development, performance measurement, workplace motivation and reward systems, quality of work-life, the structure of work and human factors, organizational development and consumer behavior.