Dr. Cheryl Carr
Business Psychologist, Consultant, and Corporate Trainer
Cheryl Carr known as Your Work Doctor is a certified business psychologist—also known as an industrial and organizational psychologist—and member of the Society of Industrial-Organizational Psychology Association. She works as an international consultant, recruiter, and government/ corporate trainer she has distinguished herself as a practical, goal-oriented, and solution-oriented professional, who aims to satisfy her clients’ needs and achieve superior results.
Cheryl Carr specializes in helping government organizations increase productivity, contain costs, and save time by:
- Identifying high performers, talented and skillful people.
- Deploying team dynamics/behaviors that attract, manage, develop, and retain high-performance employees.
- Developing human resources skills for leadership based on the neuroscience of learning for adults.
- Doctorate Degree in Business and Organizational Development, Master’s degree in Organizational Development and Leadership, Certification, and concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology and Positive Applied Psychology Chicago School of Professional Psychology, and Penn State’s Flourishing Center respectively. The field of psychology is also known as Business Psychology, Work and Organizational Psychology, or Occupational Psychology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration
Summary of Services and Experience
Corporate Training and Coaching
- 10+ years of experience as a trainer, coach, and designer of corporate training and personnel optimization programs, mediation, and negotiation.
- Taught and still teaches multiple classes (both national and international) at federal and state agencies (VA, FAA and Homeland Security) colleges, universities, corporations fortune 500 and small companies.
- Achieve high satisfaction of participants and clients using innovative, practical, and engaging training methods.
Cheryl Carr’s areas of expertise as a corporate trainer are communication and sales skills to improve business, and human resource management. She also teaches courses about leadership, teamwork, and emotional intelligence at work.
- 10+ years of experience in sales development.
- Expert on consultative sales training.
- Proven track-record in business strategy, optimization and restructuring.
Recruiting, Selecting, and Assessing Human Resources
- 10+ years of experience in recruiting talented professionals, especially veterans from entry-level to managerial positions.
- Specialized in recruiting, selecting, and promotional testing of highly qualified and difficult-to-find professionals, especially in the IT, law enforcement, transportation intelligence agencies.
- Competent in conducting job interviews with reliable and effective methods, both face-to-face and remote interviews.
- Qualified in administering psychological tests and managing assessment centers.
Employer Leadership and Team Dynamics
- Developing and communicating a strong and positive employer reputation and work environment, course corrections to attract high performers and cut recruitment costs.
- Advises entrepreneurs and managers about effective human resources management strategies: recruitment, development, and retention.
- Helps private individuals and business people set their professional goals and achieve them quickly by providing career counseling and business coaching.
- Supports entrepreneurs, managers, and employees to deal with problems of motivation, leadership, work-related stress, and conflicts.